Calgary, Alberta Climate & Temperature
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada is at 51°6'N, 114°1'W, 1084 m (3557 ft). See map.
- Calgary, Alberta has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Calgary, Alberta is situated in or near the boreal wet forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 3.9 degrees Celsius (39 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 26 °C (46.8°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -2.1°C (28.2°F) on average falling to -14.1°C (6.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 10.1°C (50.2°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -2.6°C (27.3°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 22.2°C (71.9°F) and average low temperatures are 8.5°C (47.3°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 11°C (51.7°F) during the day and lows of -2.1°C (28.2°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 398.7 mm (15.7 inches) which is equivalent to 398.7 Litres/m² (9.78 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2156 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Calgary, Alberta you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands, French Southern Lands where you would find a Tundra climate (Boreal rain forest biome).
Calgary, Alberta Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Calgary, Alberta Climate Graph in Metric Units
Calgary, Alberta Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Calgary, Alberta, Canada Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Edmonton (Intl), Ab, Canada - 246.7 kms (153.3 miles) N
- Red Deer, Ab, Canada - 118.7 kms (73.8 miles) N
- Coronation, Ab, Canada - 206.9 kms (128.6 miles) ENE
- Fort Reliance, Nt, Canada - 102.9 kms (63.9 miles) ESE
- Big Trout Lake, On, Canada - 121.5 kms (75.5 miles) SE
- Lethbridge (Cda), Ab, Canada - 180.1 kms (111.9 miles) SSE