Calgary, Alberta Climate & Temperature
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada is at 51°6'N, 114°1'W, 1084 m (3557 ft). See map.
- Calgary, Alberta has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Calgary, Alberta is situated in or near the boreal wet forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 3.9 degrees Celsius (39 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 26 °C (46.8°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -2.1°C (28.2°F) on average falling to -14.1°C (6.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 10.1°C (50.2°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -2.6°C (27.3°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 22.2°C (71.9°F) and average low temperatures are 8.5°C (47.3°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 11°C (51.7°F) during the day and lows of -2.1°C (28.2°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 398.7 mm (15.7 inches) which is equivalent to 398.7 Litres/m² (9.78 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2156 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Calgary, Alberta you would come out nearest to the climate station at Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands, French Southern Lands where you would find a Tundra climate (Boreal rain forest biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Calgary, Alberta, Canada Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Edmonton (Intl), Ab, Canada - 246.7 kms (153.3 miles) N
- Red Deer, Ab, Canada - 118.7 kms (73.8 miles) N
- Coronation, Ab, Canada - 206.9 kms (128.6 miles) ENE
- Fort Reliance, Nt, Canada - 102.9 kms (63.9 miles) ESE
- Big Trout Lake, On, Canada - 121.5 kms (75.5 miles) SE
- Lethbridge (Cda), Ab, Canada - 180.1 kms (111.9 miles) SSE