Countries A-Z:         A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | R | S | T | U | V | W | Y | Z
Add Bookmark Bright Future Dir.
 
Climate & Temperature > Canada > Calgary, Alberta Climate > Sunshine/ Daylight Hrs/ Day Length
Canada flag

Sunshine & Daylight Hours in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

  • On balance sunshine hours in Calgary, Alberta range from 2:56 for each day in December to 10:11 daily in July
  • The longest day of the year is 16:20 long and the shortest day is 7:39 long.
  • The longest day is 8:40 longer than the shortest day.
  • There is an average of 2156 hours of sunlight per year (of a possible 4383) with an average of 5:54 of sunlight per day.
  • It is sunny 49.2% of daylight hours. The remaining 50.8% of daylight hours are likely cloudy or with shade, haze or low sun intensity.
  • At midday the sun is on average 39.3° above the horizon at Calgary, Alberta.

Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Annual
Average Sunlight Hours/ Day 03:15 04:12 04:42 06:06 07:40 07:48 10:11 08:50 06:12 05:03 03:42 02:56   05:54
Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day 08:27 09:55 11:48 13:48 15:32 16:28 16:03 14:31 12:35 10:35 08:51 07:58   12:00
Percentage of Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours 40 (60) 43 (57) 41 (59) 45 (55) 50 (50) 48 (52) 64 (36) 62 (38) 50 (50) 49 (51) 43 (57) 38 (62)   49 (51)
Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (). 19.1 28.5 39.3 50.9 59.2 62.3 59.2 50.8 39.4 27.9 18.8 15.5   39.3

Hours of Sunshine & Daylight Nearby Calgary, Alberta, Canada

© 2009 - 2017 climatemps.com - Sitemap - Contact Us - Privacy Policy